Friday, May 17, 2013

extra credit on Exam #2 [Drawing Marathon]


"Art in a Different Perspective"
Today I went into school for an extra credit project and alot of things were going through my head. I knew going into this that there were going to be "nude" models there. I have never been to an Art event that had "nude models" to draw from. I wondered if they would be models you see in magazines. I wasn't sure if I should go. I honestly was scared. I was very conflicted and nervous for being my first time at what I would see. I had weird "Phobias" about what would happen. I decided to get the courage to go. I arrived at the school around 7:30 pm to 8 pm, as I was walking to the room I became nervous but I had the strength to keep walking. I wondered if I would see anyone that I knew. "But I did not see any familiar faces." I asked an art student where to go and she said, you can go in there and pointed at room M-228 and said, "are you a model." I blushed and said "no." We laughed and she showed me the room. So I walked straight into the room and to my surprise it was a very different atmosphere. Everyone was busy drawing this lady in my pencil drawing, so I sat down and joined everyone else. it seem to be weird because I felt so "normal" in that room drawing with everyone else. Kind of like "I belong there."

I heard a timer go off and I decided to take a break. I got a sandwich and something to drink and to my surprise again, I entered the room to see a new "nude" model and it was this guy to the right. To me he looked uncomfortable sitting on a hard piece of chair. However I did my best to draw him from the angle that I was sitting at. I found myself looking at shapes and trying to pay attention to detail. I though that I would be distracted on my embarrassment of seeing genitalia in public but I wasn't embarrassed at all. I felt proud to be apart of the group and I noticed people took great care of everyone and held high respect for the models. I was very pleased and very impressed with the art students. I was welcomed in an unknown territory and felt comfortable to be there. I am glad that I went out of my way to try something new. I got so involved in drawing I forgot what time it was and notice it was 11 pm. I had to head home to feed my children. I said thanks to the models for letting me draw them and left with a smile knowing I did my best for my first time "EVER" drawing nude models in pencil.

Sincerely your classmate...Veronica 

No comments:

Post a Comment